CVS Caremark Specialty Pharmacy has a long history of helping patients improve their understanding and interest in medication management of HIV. Our pharmacy has been widely credited with pioneering HIV pharmacy care and has been managing care for HIV patients since the mid-1980s.
CVS Caremark realizes that today’s busy lifestyles make it difficult to juggle a work/life schedule and take medications properly. Although treatments have dramatically improved since the early years of the disease, taking HIV medications as prescribed is still one of the key elements to staying healthy. Here are some of the ways we help you effectively combine your medication therapy with your lifestyle.
- Expertise and experience: Each patient receives maximum levels of care, personalized attention and expert clinical support. CVS Caremark pharmacists routinely monitor your medication profile and can answer questions in a variety of areas, including how your antiretroviral medications work together for best outcomes, tips for managing side effects and drug interaction concerns.
- Fitting the medications into your schedule: Our pharmacists can assist you in developing a medication schedule that can fit the needs of your treatment regimen. This enables the best results and works within your lifestyle so that you can maintain everyday activities.
- Educational and Adherence Resources: Whether it’s a medication schedule planner that you can write on and place on your refrigerator, stickers with photographs of each medication that can help you identify the drug or a portable pill box to help organize your medications, CVS Caremark has resources available to help you take your medication as prescribed.
- Convenience: Patients can choose to have their medications delivered by mail or courier to their home or can pick up their medications at one of our many neighborhood specialty pharmacies.
- Reimbursement Counseling Center: Being able to pay for medications is a major reason why patients do not take their medications correctly. Our experienced reimbursement specialists may be able to help you find assistance or help you with paperwork. The specialists can identify assistance programs in which you may qualify.
To learn more about HIV care with CVS Caremark Specialty Pharmacy, call CaremarkConnect toll-free at 1-800-238-7828 and ask to speak to a pharmacist about our HIV services.