CVS Caremark Specialty Pharmacy is a leader in care for those with Hereditary Angioedema (HAE). We are the only specialty pharmacy with access to therapies for both acute and prophylactic treatment of HAE.
At CVS Caremark Specialty Pharmacy and CarePlus Pharmacy, we provide you with a personalized CareTeam led by specially-trained and dedicated pharmacists, nurses and other professionals. This CareTeam has experience to help patients like you meet all of your needs. Your CareTeam will proactively review your doctor’s plan of care and instructions, dosing and medication schedules to ensure that your prescribed medicine is administered appropriately. In addition, your CareTeam will trouble-shoot therapy-related issues including side effect management.
Besides these services, your CareTeam will contact you to assist with:
- Coordinating the start of therapy with your doctor
- Coordinating homecare and self infusion training
- Providing patient education
- Securing coverage for your new therapy
- Determining your coverage and minimizing out-of-pocket costs
- Advocating for manufacturer’s financial assistance programs as needed
- Processing insurance paperwork and coordinating benefits
- Handling prior authorization issues
- Obtaining all necessary authorizations
- Communicating financial obligations verbally and in writing
- Arranging delivery of your medicines
For emergency consultations, your personal CareTeam is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Please see your prescription label for the number to call.